Payments and Ordering
- To ensure you get the right books for your classes, you will need obtain a current class list for your upcoming semester. This is available in your student portal on the Southwest Tech website under the MySWTC button.
- Be sure to select the correct term/semester when logging into your student portal. Once logged in, select "My Textbooks" under the Administrative Services tab to view the books you'll need to order.
- The Bookstore is not open for physical visitation or textbook curbside pickup at this time.
- If you are paying out-of-pocket: Due to COVID-19, if you are paying out-of-pocket, we are currently only accepting payments online with a debit/credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover).
- If you are paying with financial aid: If you are paying using financial aid, simply select "A/R Financial Aid" as a payment method upon checkout. Financial aid orders will be processed, but will not begin to be shipped until August 5th. We still strongly encourage your orders are placed as soon as possible to help us accommodate a prompt delivery.
- If you are funded by a third-party (CESA 3, WIOA, High Schools, College Up, etc.): If you are funded by a third-party, you will place your online order as normal, but select "A/R Financial Aid" as a payment method upon checkout and enter the name of your third party agency in the Order Comments field before submitting your order.
- *Book prices are subject to change without notice.
- All book orders will need to be placed online at this time. This can be done through your student portal using the "My Textbooks" link under the Administrative Services tab.
- No in-store or curbside pickup will be permitted for the safety of our customers and staff.
- If a book says "Call for availability," that means we are currently out of stock on that particular book. Please check back periodically. If you find that your book is still unavailable by July 29th, please call and notify us at 608-822-2460.
- If you ordered an eBook, please check the email you used on your order for instructions on how to activate your eBook. You will have to set up an account with RedShelf, our eBook provider, to gain access to your purchased eBook.
- If you are on a wait list for a class, we advise you not to purchase the book, as there is a restocking fee. Also, if you feel you may be able to test out of a class, have advanced standing or transfer credits for a class, we advise not purchasing the book for the same reason.
- If you believe an error has been made in the shipping process of your book order, please call us and request a tracking number. We largely ship through UPS, who will require you to contact them to troubleshoot your shipment. The bookstore is not able to contact UPS on the student's behalf after the books are shipped.