What happens when I order an eBook?
RedShelf is the provider of eBooks and the Cengage Unlimited Access Codes. RedShelf and eBooks are embedded within our Chargers Bookstore Point-of-Sale System and can be accessed within the MySWTC portal in the Course Resource area labeled “Get My Books”. When a student orders an eBook or a Cengage Unlimited Access Code, the student will receive an email with the information needed to receive access to the eResources.
Advantages of eBooks
· See all the benefits for yourself!
If you order an eBook, please check the email you used on your order for instructions on how to activate your eBook. You will have to set up an account with RedShelf (Southwest Tech’s eBook provider) to gain access to your eBook.
If you have not received your instructions from RedShelf within 48 hours, please contact RedShelf Support.
- Students purchase their RedShelf redemption code for their publisher access code.
- Students will see on the final checkout screen the confirmation: "Thank you! An order confirmation has been sent to (student email address)." Contact information for the bookstore and an option to print the receipt are also included.
- Students will then receive a confirmation email that includes:
- Title, ISBN and access duration purchased
- Instructions: "To access your materials or submit a redemption code, head to [bookstore white label site] and log in with your account information and navigate to My Shelf."
- Support Contact: "If you have any questions or need assistance with your course materials, check out the RedShelf Solve knowledge base or reach out to the RedShelf Customer Experience Team
Receipt (Register and electronic receipts have the same information, just in a
How do I redeem my RedShelf eBook or Access Code?
· Navigate to RedShelf's website and log into your account.
New to RedShelf or forgot your password? Create
an account or reset
Click on your name and select My Shelf.
Copy and paste your RedShelf Access Code into the box at the top
of the page where it says "Redeem Code," then click the blue button on the
Click on your name and select My Shelf.
Copy and paste your RedShelf Access Code into the box at the top of the page where it says "Redeem Code," then click the blue button on the right.
Voila! The purchase will appear below.
- To open a RedShelf eBook, click on the green Start Reading button to the right of the product description.
Frequently Asked eBook Questions
What is an eBook?
eBooks are textbooks with enhanced functionality that are available in digital format. eBooks are purchased at your Southwest Tech bookstore on this and delivered electronically to your computer. You save money with the low prices and gain functionality with the enhanced features. You have the ability to search the entire text for a word or phrase, add comments, create your own bookmarks, and print on demand from your personal computer or laptop.
Is my eBook "forever"?
No, unless otherwise stated assume it is a one semester rental. Unlike fiction, biographies, etc. sold for devices by Amazon/Kindle and Barnes and Noble to name a couple, academic eBook have a limited availability, typically 180 days. Please call the Bookstore if you have any questions on a specific title.
Can I put my eBook on Financial Aid?
What do I need in order to use my eBook(s)?
A computer that can support HTML5-based content. The browser-based cloud technology performs best on the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
A high-speed Internet connection.
Set up an account. Register here.
Can I access my digital content when I don't have an internet connection?
Offline is available based on the content creator’s restriction settings. A % of the content could be available in offline. Offline will work on any device including laptops, desktops and tablets. Click the settings icon to view the % of the content that will be viewable in offline mode. Select the specific section to access offline while WiFi isn’t available. Offline requires an active internet connection to initiate the offline mode.
What is the refund policy?
Generally, we accept refund requests within 14 days of purchase provided that you haven't read more than 10% of the book or printed any pages. For digital custom content sold/published by a university bookstore RedShelf will follow the refund policy set out by that particular institution. For more information from RedShelf.